My return

It was bitter sweet leaving Australia again, not sure what would be awaiting me back in Japan.
I got to the airport at 3:30am and we waited outside til the airport opened at 4.  The flight times were changed so we all got food vouchers, and I used it to get a meat pie.  YUM!  sometimes I crave Aussie food.


There were a lot of Japanese HS students, and the reps from Kanto's University women's lacross team.  The plane was pretty full, but I had a spare seat next to me, I was able to stretch out a bit.  The movies I watched were; Narnia - The Dawn Trader, HereAfter.
I was quite surprised, Qantas was quite good this time.  The food was great, one air hostess was great, he was so friendly and cracked a lot of jokes. 

 Because of all the Japan Fukushima issues, our plane was diverted to Hong Kong, where some people got off, and the crew changed.  All my language studies paid off.  I was able to listen and understand 4 different languages.  You can call me Universal Translator (ST).  It was really weird, I couldn't help listening in because as soon as someone spoke another language, my ears would tune in to that.  It was so good to hear Chinese. 


I bought 2 mini glass cups, and looked at the price hmm.$30HK!! I thought wow it must be expensive...Then the lady converted it to $3.7AUD ...sooooo cheap, I should have bought more stuff!!  Got back on the plane, and had 4 seats to myself.  I only used 1.

After arriving at Narita, things went smoothly at the airport.  Catching the train was a bit more confusing.  The Keisei line has so many lines, skyliner, sky access, sky express...which one was I meant to catch?  I just got on the local train.  There wasn't a lot of people on the train.  I was expecting the peak hour traffic, but nope.


2 hours later, I arrived and we went out to eat Chinese food.  Then when I got home to unpack, H kept saying 'Stay away, stay away" but I was chasing the kitty, and saw he was getting a cake ready.  I had no idea what it was for.  Until he lit the candles.  It was for my birthday!!! I totally forgot!!!!!



  That was such a great welcome home.  Having had no sleep for 2 days,  I totally crashed onto the floor.  It was a struggle to keep my eyes open, and it was 1am the next day.  Think my brain just gave out.  I eventually took a shower, and brushed my teeth and really went to bed.  Woke up the next morning to feed kitty because he kept Meowing!!!  and went back to bed.  Just before H left, he told me to check the table.  So I got up, and he had wrapped and prepared all my birthday presents on the table.  How romantic.




PS.  Everything in Tokyo looks normal, people were going to and from work, and the trains were running. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is Kosugi station - after the March 11th Earthquake in 2011

Cockroach infestations? Yes, please!

Kickstarter Woes of Missed Online pledge managers