Kickstarter Woes of Missed Online pledge managers

Waoh waoh waoh...

I've been eagerly waiting for the wonderful game Guilds of Cadwallon to appear on my doorstep because a fair amount of people had received theres.  Then I decided to check their website to see how many people were receiving their games and...woe...

People were talking about receiving their games in Oz, and all around the world, and usually it takes about 8 days to get to Japan, usually before Oz mail...so I dug a bit further down the comments and...read about a "pledge manager"...I thought "oh! you mean the kickstarter pledge survey", read a bit more and oh no, people were talking about an online form...checked my mail and lo and behold in the spam...was a mail...

What I didn't realize, even though I had filled out the kickstarter survey on Jan 9th...(it's now May 10th), was that they were using a Online Pledge Manager, that was external from kickstarter.  So I quickly filled it out and sent of an email to coolminiornot, as well as checking on BGG, and...then had a sinking feeling.  

I was not the only one who did not know that there was an External pledge manager.

This is the first project that I've backed that didn't send more than 1 update regarding the pledge manager.  I've backed over 163 projects to date, and those that use an external project manager send a few updates, to make sure that no one has missed out.  Missing just ONE update...could mean that your game will never get sent to you.

Coolminiornot has done a fair amount of kickstarter projects (6 to date), so I thought maybe they had encountered this problem before.  Maybe it was due to the amount of backers, they had to use another program to handle the shipping information.   In their Zombicide 2 project that recently finished, they had sent out a few updates regarding the Pledge Manager.  That project had over 8000 backers.  So I hope that my game will not get lost amongst all the other people filling in their pledges.

I was really gungho about this game, and I'm sure it's a good game.  But I'm a little disappointed in the experience of realizing that my game had probably not been sent even though I had filled out the Kickstarter survey in Jan.

Fingers crossed now the confusion is all sorted out, that my game will come my way shortly. Please please :)
I backed for $120 eek.

I just hope that
For kickstarter backers:
Please remember to check the updates & comments pages once or twice a week, But it's hard if you have about 30+ active projects that you've backed like I do.
Also for kickstarter project owners:
If you use an online external survey, please please PLEASE, make sure you have multiple updates about it, and it's probably a good idea to have posted it on the Front page when people start backing the project.  So they are aware of it.  Plus updates should be sent before the project deadline has passed, that way it will reach the most people, as people are usually checking those Updates more carefully.

I hope it wasn't too harsh.  I'm just kicking myself that I didn't realize I needed to fill out another survey for this project.

PS. This was the first time I've backed one of Coolminiornot's projects.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is Kosugi station - after the March 11th Earthquake in 2011

Cockroach infestations? Yes, please!