The first games of Cosmic Encounter

I finally got a copy of Cosmic Encounter, thanks to H for bringing it back from America. 

I had heard a lot of amazing reviews about this game, so had a lot of high expectations.
Once I opened the box, I was in awe of the amazing components.  The alien space ships were great, everything was beautifully packaged.   The board pieces were so beautiful. 

Bringing the game out on game night was so easy.
We played one round Cosmic Encounter first, and it only took a few rounds to get into the game.  We didn't use any flares just as the instructions recommended for new players.  It was a lot of fun.  I was a Parasite!!! and it took me half the game to work out that I was the weird snail thing, on top of the Pacifist's head.  It was quite hilarious.  The parasite is awesome the cool looking alien on the cover of the box.  What a coincidence.  There was a lot of ganging up on the player who seemed to be winning, and it was great.  We all invited everyone to join our alliances, and there was a lot of great interaction.  LOVE it, LOVE it!!!!

Then we played a game of Dixit.  A few of us had already played this, and the cards were the same but it was still a great game.  I'm no good at this game but I LOVE it. 

Then we played another round of Cosmic Encounter with just 4 players, and it was equally just as fun.  This time we put in the flares.  It was 100 times better with the flares, we were supercharged, and we had really good alien roles.  I was the Zombie, and we had a Macron, and 2 other aliens.  It was great.  We were going full ball with all the powers.  I was so excited, the Zombie was way more fun than the Parasite.  My ships couldn't be sent to the graveyard, and then I have the Filch flare.  I was stealing all the good cards I could get my hand on.  My friends suspected something was going on, but none of them caught me doing it.  It was such a fun game, but we had to end it, because everyone still had to catch trains home.

The next day I reread the rules, and realized we made some errors.  We're only allowed to play one flare per encounter, and the Macron can only send up to 1 ship if he's an attacker, or ally.  This is one Awesome game, I want to play it over and over again!!


A brief...brief...(a short some-airy):Lots of interaction, and SO much FUN!!!!! 

Perfect match: You'll like this if you are anyone.  I would highly recommend this game for anyone.
If you like interaction or bluffing or negotiation ...just get this game.

Gateway to Gaming Heaven (gateway game):   This is a great gateway game.  You'll want to play this again.

Adding fuel to the fire (adding to the addiction):  Yes.  It's like adding kerosene to the fire. 


Gamer vs Non Gamer (fight!): For gamers the rules are quite easy to understand, and for non-gamers the basic mechanics are easy to pick up but the role powers need some explanation.  This is a FUNtastic game for both gamers and non gamers alike.
Add to my collection:  Yes! Yes! Yes!  This game is amazing.  I will never let this game leave my collection, you shouldn't either.  Get it. Now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is Kosugi station - after the March 11th Earthquake in 2011

Cockroach infestations? Yes, please!

Kickstarter Woes of Missed Online pledge managers