Help, the board games have taken over my brain

Panic!  Panic!  There's a Virus on my shelf in the form of a board game, and it's called Pandemic, and it's infected my brain with it's board gamey addictiveness.  Yes there is a game called Cranium, and one called Pandemic...

I've started up my old hobby from Oz, rock climbing, and board games have taken up the other part of my brain.  Exercise for my brain and body.  Perfect!  Now to find people to play with....1 minute later...
yah I found a handful :) plus 40 more.
Last year (in Japan), I really didn't do much socialwise.  I came home and lesson planned, and on the weekend more planning, and cleaning house and the like.  But this year I've decided I need to make time to do things I enjoy, get out, make new friends, less facebooking, join the living, and start doing things that I would in Australia.  I guess I was treating Japan like limbo/still like I was a temporary visitor.  But I've lived here long enough.  I should really LIVE here, and actually do things that I want to do.

I still want to do veterinary something...and still want to do Auslan (Australian sign language), but I guess that'll be for another day/year/decade/lifetime.

The fantastic news is, I've recently started up English games with my kids, and it's great!!  Hopefully it'll help improve their English, and it's so much fun.

THE BEST THING ABOUT BOARD GAMES is that it's fun and you actually get human interaction.  I do enjoy computer games, but sometimes it's nice to reconnect with the human race.

Here are some photos of the diseases that have taken up space on my shelf.




Lots of boardgamey goodness!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is Kosugi station - after the March 11th Earthquake in 2011

Cockroach infestations? Yes, please!

Kickstarter Woes of Missed Online pledge managers