Of board games and such

About a month ago, my friends and I played a game called Bang! and it was a blast!  Hilarious, and lots of fun.  It reminded me of the Werewolf game, so I started to do some browsing about what other fun games were around.
Then I stumbled upon  The Dice Tower 's podcast and The Dice Tower on Youtube.  It really opened my world up to Euro games, which are amazing!!!!!!
Wow, I really have missed out on playing these cool board games that Tom Vassal reviews.  Remember the old monopoly? throw that away.  Remember how fun Risk was?  I do.

I already have a few card games with me in Japan, which I bought for teaching at Eikaiwa.
 - Clue, the card game
- The worst case senario card game
-  Pictureka card game
Monopoly, the card game
- and good ol Trumps,
also in the non card game category, I brought over
- Pictionary
- Cranium
- Operation
I used Operation a few times, and monopoly the card game, but the others just sat in my collection.  I guess none of my friends are really into board games and such in Japan.

After watching Tom's reviews, I purchased
- Hornochsen (Take 5) which can be played as Take 6, and Take 11 (3 games in 1!!!!) Awesome
- Saboteur (for 3 players)
- Ultimate werewolf (for those rainy days with a huge bunch of people)
- Dominion (a card building game)
- Ticket to Ride (awesome, played my first game with H and he seems to enjoy it)

The last 5 games I introduced to H, and luckily he's been kind enough to perservere with playing 1 game.  Lol.  But I've introduced Hornochsen with my students and they LOVE it.  It's the perfect time as well, since we are studying numbers to 100.  Great game, lots of laughs especially when someone gets a lot of negative points.  Really great game for such a low price.  Great game for filling time.

Thought I might put up my review of each game in the future after I've played them a few times.  To be continued...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is Kosugi station - after the March 11th Earthquake in 2011

Cockroach infestations? Yes, please!