I've put up a little poll to the right of my blog. Please feel free to vote. Also, feel free to comment below this post, what other games you want to play this year. Then we'll look back in 6 months to see what games got played :)
After seeing "Kakerlaken Poker" or in Japanese "ゴキブリポカー" (Gokiburi Poker) appear as a top 10 on a lot of Japanese board gaming catalogs, I decided to check out what the hype was all about. So I picked up a copy of the Japanese version (luckily the cards had no language specific text) and once I opened the box, I was immediately hooked by the colourful and amazingly cute artwork. This cute little Take That style game by Jacques Zeimet has been my go to game for the month. You can print out a Tuckbox from BGG which allows you to fit this game into your pocket, literally. There's a different image on each of the 64 cards, no 2 cockroaches are exactly alike, which makes the game higher on my Gaming list. The artist who designed the FANTASTIC art is Rolf Vogt (yes, I was so interested in who did the art, I looked it up on BGG). If you hated creepy crawlies before, this game might make you rethink those pre-conceptions. "Awh, isn't that co...
This was the first games I backed on Kickstarter , and I wasn't sure if this was going to be a solid purchase, or something I could get out onto the table because of the theme. But boy WAS I WRONG, after 1 play I knew this one was going to be one of my favourites. It's such an easy game to teach & a lot of fun. There's a lot of interaction, and it plays so quickly, but has a lot of depth. I love it. Being new to this hobby I had never heard of Dice Hate Me before, and for one of their first games that they released, this one really piqued my interest in their company and what games they might release next. A brief...brief...(a short some-airy): Players are carnival owners trying to complete 4 out of their 5 rides by getting a set of cards (4 of the same colour: banners, materials, seats, lights). But watch out, if you don't hurry up to complete a ride, one of the other sneaky carnies might come and steal your materials. Seriously, who knew a ...
Comments
Post a Comment