I've put up a little poll to the right of my blog. Please feel free to vote. Also, feel free to comment below this post, what other games you want to play this year. Then we'll look back in 6 months to see what games got played :)
After seeing "Kakerlaken Poker" or in Japanese "ゴキブリポカー" (Gokiburi Poker) appear as a top 10 on a lot of Japanese board gaming catalogs, I decided to check out what the hype was all about. So I picked up a copy of the Japanese version (luckily the cards had no language specific text) and once I opened the box, I was immediately hooked by the colourful and amazingly cute artwork. This cute little Take That style game by Jacques Zeimet has been my go to game for the month. You can print out a Tuckbox from BGG which allows you to fit this game into your pocket, literally. There's a different image on each of the 64 cards, no 2 cockroaches are exactly alike, which makes the game higher on my Gaming list. The artist who designed the FANTASTIC art is Rolf Vogt (yes, I was so interested in who did the art, I looked it up on BGG). If you hated creepy crawlies before, this game might make you rethink those pre-conceptions. "Awh, isn't that co...
Recently, I received this great game called Coerceo . It looks quite interesting. I love abstract games, but haven't been able to find someone to play them with in Japan. I used to play a lot of Chess in high school, but after the losing a gazillion times, it was time to throw in the towel/Chess board. I read the rules and watched some videos on this game, and it looks like a lot of fun. I think this one is simple enough to teach even new gamers. That's definitely a bonus in my eyes. I like the modular board, and the great pyramid shaped pieces. Here's what the game looks like. After I play it a few times, I'll post up a review right here, on what I thought of the game. Watch this space....To be continued The game components The board shrinks as you play it
Comments
Post a Comment